Groups at First Wesleyan are designed to help you: Share Christ's love with our city (Reaching Out) and grow in God's grace through fellowship and discipleship (Reaching In).
Community Groups are ongoing, relational groups designed to help us share life together by connecting, growing and serving at First Wesleyan. Life together is enjoying community and deepening our faith. It is serving each other and our community during celebration and struggle.
Community Groups meet on Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM as well as other times during the week and month. Click "Find a Group" at the top or bottom of this page to find a group today!
If you are interested in starting a new group, email Scott.Moore@firstwesleyan.com
Growth Groups are topical, semester based groups designed to help you grow in various areas of personal need. Times and locations vary each semester. Below you will see various opportunities to be involved in Growth Groups. Click "Find a Group" at the top or bottom of this page to find a group today!
**Groups listed below are in addition to our normal MIDWEEK programming times.**
Precepts Bible Study - An in-depth discipleship class that meets weekly on Monday evenings from 6:00 PM -8:00 PM. If you would like more information please contact the church office at 752-4251
Prayer - Join this walking small group focusing on prayer each Wednesday evening from 5:45 PM - 6:15 PM. Group will meet in the prayer room. Call or text Jen Crutchfield at 205-310-7263 if interested.
GriefShare - The loss of a spouse, child, family member or friend can be a confusing time when you feel isolated and have many questions about things you’ve never faced before. GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. GriefShare begins Sunday, February 5th at 3:00 PM in Rm. 300 (Music Suite). Contact Amber Howard for more information at 205-454-8025, or sign up online HERE
The mission of Best Years Fellowship (BYF) is to challenge, encourage, and strengthen one another in the Lord, while expanding our vision and outreach. We share together with monthly meals, trips, small groups, and prayer together. Another important part of the Best Years Fellowship is investing in the youth and younger adults at First Wesleyan and in the community.
Upcoming BYF Events:
- Thursday, March 6th - Pam's Diner, Moundville, Bus leaves at 10:15am
- Monday, April 3rd - Logan's Steak House, Tuscaloosa, 11:00am
- Thursday, May 18th - Urban Cookhouse, Tuscaloosa, 11:00am
- Monday, June 12th - Rusty's BBQ, Leeds, Bus leaves at 9:45am
- Thursday, June 20th - Farmer's Market & Lunch, Birmingham, Bus leaves at 9:45am
- Monday, August 14th - Jim & Nick's BBQ, Tuscaloosa, 11:00am
- Thursday, September 14th - IHOP, Tuscaloosa, 10:30am
- Monday, October 16th - Aroma's, Winfield, Bus leaves at 10:00am
- Thursday, November 16th - Catered Lunch, FWC, 11:30am **Reservations required, please call the office.
- Thursday, November 30th - Bright Star, Bessemer, Bus leaves at 10:15am