Office Operations and Communications
The WHY: We are here to help people become more like Jesus and experience the life they were created for. In a large and growing congregation, there are numerous ministry processes encouraging people to respond and take steps forward in this journey. We rely on skilled leaders to support ministry operations and facilitate ministry processes so that we don’t miss opportunities and are able to help as many people as possible.
The WIN: When someone responds and takes a step forward in in their journey of becoming more like Jesus (i.e. returns, signs up, makes a commitment, and/or gets connected).
Job Description: We are looking for a friendly, highly organized, and detail-oriented Ministry Assistant to support the daily ministry operations and communications of the church. This person will also support day-to-day operations of the church office and staff.
Job Classification: Part Time (25 hours to be completed Monday - Friday in coordination with our full time Office Manager)
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Office Support
- Answer phones and welcome guests in a friendly manner
- Assist as many people as possible, determine who needs to speak to ministry leader or pastor, refer them as appropriate. This includes referring people to community organizations that can best serve their needs
- Maintain work room equipment, monitor supplies, and manage incoming postal packages
- Operations Support
- Prepare, restock, and organize materials for week-end services
- Prepare hospitality materials and first time guest gifts
- Process weekly guest/connection cards and direct information appropriately
- Facilitate guest follow-up communication process (text, e-mail, note cards)
- Create event profiles and information for online and onsite promotional purposes
- General database management and data entry
- Communications Support
- Basic website/app/social media management and updating
- Basic social media content creation and scheduling
- Basic church information/event creation and scheduling
- Basic Management of communications platforms and print pieces
- Basic graphic and print design
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within First Wesleyan Church
- Must attend and participate in the ministries of First Wesleyan Church
- Must support the purpose, values, and mission of First Wesleyan Church
- Must commit to staff culture, professionalism, and team standards
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detailed, and flexible
- Experience in managing multiple projects and events
- Exemplary oral & written skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with database management
- Proficiency with basic office production software
- Basic graphic design skills recommended
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirement for performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Contact the church office at email@example.com to submit a resume.